Nothing says holidays to me like baking cookies, and these little gems are inspired by the white Christmas I won’t be having this year! I do love our Aussie beach Christmases though.
- 1 cup cashew butter
- 1 tsp pure monk fruit powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 70g white chocolate, chopped
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 180℃ and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- To make the cookies, in a large bowl and using a wooden spoon, combine all the ingredients. You may wish to use your hands if it is not combining properly.
- Using your hands, carefully shape into 12 cookies and place on the prepared tray.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Leave to cool completely. They will be very soft.
- To make the topping, melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a small bowl in the microwave in 15 second increments. Spoon over the cookies and cover in desiccated coconut.
- These cookies are best consumed within three days.
- This recipe works with any nut butter.
- White chocolate recommendations: I love Loving Earth, Pana (both vegan) and Well Naturally (not vegan but this is the lowest sugar).
- Pure monk fruit powder is a sugar-free sweetener, not to be confused with “monk fruit sweetener” which is actually an erythritol based sweetener. You can read my guide to sugar free sweeteners here.