Peanut Butter Jelly Time Blondies
It needs no explanation.
- ⅓ cup and 2 tbsp erythritol based sweetener*
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond meal
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups blueberries, frozen
- Preheat the oven to 180℃ and line a 20cm square tin with baking paper.
- To prepare the blueberry jam, place blueberries in a pot with a dash of water. Cover with a lid and bring to the boil, then let simmer, partially covered, for 20 minutes. You can use a fork to help mash up some of the berries. Set aside in a jar and leave to cool before placing in the fridge.
- To make the batter, in a large bowl, combine the erythritol, peanut butter and coconut oil.
- Stir in the eggs and mix well.
- Add in the almond meal, baking powder and salt and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into the tin and spoon over the prepared blueberry jam. Bake for 25–30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- May be erythritol or Lakanto.
- *Erythritol is a sugar alcohol that forms the base of many granular “sugar free sweeteners”. Read more about what erythritol is here, including my product recommendations. The use of erythritol in this recipe is what makes it low-carb and/or keto friendly. If this is not a worry for you, the best substitution is coconut sugar which can be used in the same quantity. Please know that the use of coconut sugar takes away the sugar-free status of this recipe and may alter the colour of the finished product. Read more about sugar and my philosophy here.
- This recipe works with any nut butter.
Share the love
Did You Make This?Tag @liv.kaplan on instagram
Indulge in sweets your body will love.
A collection of my favourite sugar-free and keto-friendly desserts! You can have health and indulgence, I insist!Learn More