Native Berry Spritz
While I don’t live an alcohol free life, I am a very intentional drinker – only drinking on occasions where I really want to, instead of a routine yes, and when I do, putting measures in place to ensure I consume in a healthy way.
That said, I am no stranger to comfortably enjoying an event or evening sans alcohol, and my friends don’t ask any questions when I say no.
I’m loving exploring some non alcoholic drinks and I’m excited to see these become more mainstream. This recipe is a beautifully refreshing and nourishing drink to enjoy for any Spring or Summer occasion. You can make them in a cocktail shaker if you’d like, however a simple jar or small bowl does the trick.
For something fun, I’ve added in By Beth Australian collagen, the star that makes this cocktail a beauty spritz, and not to mention is in the most stunning glass jar that looks perfect with your cocktail glassware. If you are feeling like a break from the booze, and want something tasty with a bonus of nutrition, try this recipe.
Native Berry Spritz
A refreshing and fruity cocktail with the beauty benefits of collagen and the antioxidants of native Australian plants.
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 90ml Seedlip Garden, or other non-alcoholic spirit
- 2 tsp By Beth Fruit And Floral collagen
- 10 drops liquid stevia (optional)
- ½ lime, juiced
- 300ml soda water
- Fresh mint, to serve
- Prepare the berry syrup by placing the frozen berries in a small pot with 20ml of water. Bring to the boil then leave to simmer for 20 minutes until reduced. Pour into a high powered heat-safe blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a jar and allow to cool to room temperature.
- To prepare the cocktail, combine two tablespoons of the berry syrup with lime juice, spirit, stevia and collagen powder. Mix or shake to combine.
- Place ice in two glasses and pour over the berry mixture. Top with soda water and garnish with fresh mint and lime. Enjoy.
- No stevia? You can leave this out or use one teaspoon of maple syrup or other liquid sweetener.