The Bondi version of ‘Eggs Benny’. Legit. Using my tahini hemp bread and my creamy hemp dressing, this delicious breakfast is the hippie cousin of the classic Eggs Benedict, it’s gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free and sugar-free! I also added in silverbeet (also known as chard or Swiss chard) because it’s delicious and most people have never tried it before!
The Bondi version of ‘Eggs Benny’ is gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free and sugar-free!
- Bring a small pot of water to the boil.
- Meanwhile heat up a fry pan and add the silverbeet to the pan. It doesn’t need oil as it naturally wilts with the heat of the pan.
- To poach the eggs: when the water is boiling, add in the vinegar and let it come back to a boil. Reduce the heat slightly and using a spoon, make a whirlpool in the centre of the water. Carefully crack the eggs into the water and give it a quick stir. Leave to cook for 2 minutes.
- Place the hemp bread in the toaster.
- To assemble, stack the silverbeet on top of the toasted hemp bread, then top with the poached eggs (I like to place my poached eggs on a separate plate with paper towel first to drain any excess water). Drizzle over the hemp dressing and top with fresh herbs and sauerkraut. Top with salt and pepper and enjoy!