Black Tahini Cookies
I’m a tahini lover, I could put it on everything… And I do. But black tahini is something I don’t use too often. This kind of tahini is simply made from black sesame seeds instead of white. The outcome is slightly more bitter but incredibly rich and filled with deep sesame flavour – perfect for soft sweet cookies like these. They are a slightly different style of cookie, but nonetheless interesting in a treat for the tastebuds.
Black Tahini Cookies
I’m a tahini lover, I could put it on everything… And I do. But black tahini is something I don’t use too often. This kind of tahini is simply made from black sesame seeds instead of white.
- ¾ cup cashew butter
- ¼ cup black tahini
- 2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1 tsp pure monk fruit powder* OR 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup white sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 160℃ and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl and using a wooden spoon, combine all the ingredients excluding sesame seeds. You may wish to use your hands if it is not combining properly.
- Using your hands, carefully shape into 16 balls. Roll each in the sesame seeds then flatten to a cookie shape in your hands. Line up on the baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Leave to cool and enjoy!
- These cookies are best consumed within three days.
- Pure monk fruit powder is a sugar-free sweetener (read more about what monk fruit is and where to get it here), not to be confused with “monk fruit sweetener” which is actually an erythritol based sweetener.
- The use of pure monk fruit powder in this recipe is what makes it low-carb and/or keto friendly. If this is not a worry for you, the best substitution is coconut sugar. Please know that the use of coconut sugar takes away the sugar-free status of this recipe and may alter the colour of the finished product.
- Read more about these sweeteners here, including my product recommendations. If you are unsure what to use, read more about sugar and my philosophy here.
- Any nut butter works with this recipe.
Share the love
DID YOU MAKE THIS?Tag @liv.kaplan on instagram
Indulge in sweets your body will love.
A collection of my favourite sugar-free and keto-friendly desserts! You can have health and indulgence, I insist!Learn More