An easy and healthy fibre and protein filled recipe for those looking for ways to use up their hemp protein! I actually love this recipe for entertaining or when I’m in the mood for some blinis with smoked salmon! The use of hemp protein as a kind of “flour” makes these little pancakes higher in fat and lower in carbs than other recipes that use buckwheat and other gluten free flour alternatives.
An easy and healthy fibre and protein filled recipe for those looking for ways to use up their hemp protein!
- ¼ cup Hemple hemp protein
- ¼ cup (60ml) hemp milk*
- 1 medium egg
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Coconut oil for cooking
- To make the blinis, combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir well.
- Heat a large pan over a medium heat and grease with a little coconut oil. Pour in two tablespoons worth of the mixture for each blini.
- Leave to cook and wait until bubbles appear, about 2–3 minutes. Flip with a spatula and cook on the other side for 2 minutes.
- Top with your favourite toppings to serve!
- This recipe works with any milk of your choosing, read my milk guide here.
- Topping options:
- For avo and hemp seed, top with sliced avo, hemp seeds, hemp seed oil and salt and pepper.
- For the salmon, top with smoked salmon, red onion, fresh dill, capers and coconut yoghurt. Drizzle with hemp seed oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.