Choc Jaffa Mousse
A variation of my famous 2-Ingredient Chocolate Mousse…This time with a jaffa flavour from using essential oil… And some dehydrated mandarins to make it extra haha.
The simplest chocolate mousse recipe ever. Using a base of only two ingredients; coconut cream and chocolate, you couldn’t get a more simple yet decadent dessert. The jaffa flavour can be polarizing but when using good quality rich dark chocolate, you literally can’t go wrong… the orange flavour fits in seamlessly and adds a natural citrusy sweetness. Plus these chocolate covered dried mandarin slices are insane! The dehydrating process means the flavours are concentrated and yes you can eat the skin and pith… In fact I think it actually intensifies the flavour!
Choc Jaffa Mousse
The simplest chocolate mousse recipe ever. Using a base of only two ingredients; coconut cream and chocolate, you couldn’t get a more simple yet decadent dessert.
- 270ml coconut cream*, canned
- 100g dark chocolate (85-90%)
- 10 drops orange essential oil
- Raw cacao powder, for serving
Choc covered mandarins
- 3 mandarins, sliced thinly
- 40g dark chocolate
- To make the choc covered mandarins, place mandarin slices in a dehydrator and dehydrate for 12 hours.
- Melt 40g of dark chocolate in a double boiler (a small bowl over a pot of gently simmering water). Dip dried mandarins in the chocolate and place on a tray in the fridge to set.
- To make the mousse, gently heat the coconut cream in a small pot over a low heat. Pour into a bowl and toss in the chocolate. Stir until chocolate is melted into the coconut cream and it’s a soft and glossy texture.
- Stir in the orange essential oil and place in the fridge to set for 15–30 minutes, depending on the consistency you like and the temperature of where you live!
- To serve, top with the prepared mandarin slices, extra squares of chocolate and a sprinkle of cacao powder.
- For the best results, use Ayam brand coconut cream.
Share the love
DID YOU MAKE THIS?Tag @liv.kaplan on instagram
Indulge in sweets your body will love.
A collection of my favourite sugar-free and keto-friendly desserts! You can have health and indulgence, I insist!Learn More