CBD Sour Gummies
CBD. It’s everywhere.
Firstly let’s chat about what CBD is. It’s a phytocannabinoid found in cannabis. Phyto meaning plant. Interestingly the human body has this system called the endocannabinoid system, and this is how CBD and many other cannabinoids have a notable effect on the body – this may be intoxication or “getting high” which is the case for THC (the most commonly talked about cannabinoid), or a heap of other effects, which we are still discovering.
CBD is known for its potential effective treatment for anxiety as well as aiding in sleep and pain management. And since we are in an epidemic of depression and anxiety, you can see why CBD has risen to fame in recent years.
Unfortunately (or fortunately) CBD is not legal for purchase in Australia or New Zealand without a prescription (which are extremely hard to get), unlike virtually every other country in the world where you can buy it over the counter, or even in a CBD latte at your local coffee shop (ok maybe this is just LA but you get the picture).
Anyway I know you’re here for the recipe so for more info on cannabis and CBD, my friends at Hemple have everything you need to know.
In this recipe, I’ve spiked one of my favourite gummy recipes with Hemple’s Nano CBD. It uses creamy coconut milk, fresh zesty lime and gut-loving gelatin.
CBD Sour Gummies
In this recipe, I’ve spiked one of my favourite gummy recipes with Hemple’s Nano CBD. It uses creamy coconut milk, fresh zesty lime and gut-loving gelatin I love a fresh zest!
- 1 cup (250ml) coconut milk, canned
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- Hemple Sigma CBD*
- 10 drops liquid stevia OR 2 tablespoons honey, or to taste
- 3 tbsp gelatin
- Place the gelatin in a small bowl with 1/3 cup of room temperature water. Stir and leave while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- In a small pot over a low heat, gently heat the coconut milk and lime zest and juice.
- Add in the Hemple CBD Sigma and sweetener to taste.
- Stir in the gelatin which will now be in a rubbery blob and whisk until dissolved.
- Pour into silicone moulds or a loaf tin and place in the fridge to set for at least 3 hours.
- The dose of CBD is up to you! When using Hemple’s Sigma I use either 1 or 2 full droppers per serve.