Ayurvedic Nutty Protein Topper
Ok this recipe sounds weird, but it's basically this crunchy coconutty spicey nut mix that is so addictive it's not even funny. I highly recommend you make this, I keep it in the fridge, and I use it to add flavour to my meals. It's great on soups, salads, roasted veggies, #livbowls... anything!
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- 2 cups mixed nuts
- ½ cup pepitas
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- ½ teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon himalayan pink sea salt
- Few cracks of freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup Hemple Raw Shelled Hemp Seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180℃ and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, toss the coconut flakes, nuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and sesame seeds.
- Add melted coconut oil to the bowl along with the spices, salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Spread out onto the lined baking tray and place in the oven for 15–20 minutes until toasted and golden.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly. Add in the hemp seeds and toss to combine. Store in a jar in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.