Greens, Mushroom + Pesto Liv Bowl Recipe #4
I asked you what recipes you wanted to see and a really popular answer was meals in their entirety. Every meal I eat is the same, this is why I came up with the #livbowl - I didn't know what else to call it because they don't fall into any category... It's not specifically a breakfast, lunch or dinner, it's not a salad, it's not sandwhich, it's not a soup... it's just a liv bowl!
I had a few leftover herbs so I whipped up a quick pesto to add to my meals through out the week. I never measure these things but I basically just through into the blender some fresh parsley, fresh dill, lemon juice and zest, salt and either olive oil or hemp oil. Then I store in the fridge to add to meals for extra flavour. I'm all about little ways to add flavour. No one wants to eat bad tasting food. In fact when people ask me how I'm so motivated to eat well, my answer is really I eat a lot of really tasty food!
- Coconut oil
- 1 bunch broccolini, stalks and florets roughly chopped
- 1 head bok choy, roughly chopped
- 200g enoki mushrooms
- 2 eggs
- Flax crackers (recipe coming soon!)
- A few big dollops of homemade pesto (as above)
- Sea salt and pepper
- Heat coconut oil in a medium sized pan and throw in the broccolini, let brown in the pan for about 5 minutes before throwing in the mushrooms and bok choy as these cook quicker.
- Meanwhile, heat a small pot of water and bring to the boil. Add a glug of apple cider vinegar and create a whirlpool with a spoon. Crack in the two eggs and leave to poach for about 5 minutes.
- Continue stirring the veggies until cooked. Spoon into a bowl and carefully place eggs on top. Spoon over pesto and add crackers, sauerkraut, salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.