Paprika Roasted Cauliflower, Fennel + Radicchio Liv Bowl
This #livbowl was one I randomly whipped up with what I had in the fridge and it was so delicious I had to share! I love buying new and interesting veggies, it's very easy to get stuck buying the sam old boring veggies over and over again. I'm a seasonal eater, which means there are less veggies on offer to me - I only buy what's seasonal at the farmer's market. And if there's something I've never used before I love to change things up and try it out.
It's rare that I have a #livbowl without anything green, but when I do, they look something like this. This recipe will make enough veggies for 2–3 liv bowls, so use some and then keep the rest in the fridge for tomorrow. Add a bunch of greens and some protein and there's lunch sorted in 5 seconds!
What's radicchio? It's that purple thing in the pic! It's a leafy relative of chicory, that is known for it's bitter and spicy taste, making it a perfect accompaniment to the sweet, buttery and rich flavours of the rest of this meal.
Roasted veggies (enough to have leftover in the fridge)
- 1 whole cauliflower, florets and stalk, cut into large chunks
- 1 head fennel, sliced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- Sea salt and black pepper
Liv Bowl (to serve 1)
- 1/2 small head radicchio, roughly torn
- 1 forkful of sauerkraut
- Sprinkle of capers
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed on top
- A good drizzle of olive oil
- For the protein I'll either have two boiled eggs like pictured OR the next day I had this same bowl but with some wild mackerel and it was delish! It would also be great with some kind of smoked fish such as wild salmon, sardines, mackerel, anything!
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Coat the cauliflower and fennel in the spices, coconut oil and salt and pepper. Spread out on to a baking tray in a single layer and bake for 40 or so minutes until soft and golden.
- To assemble the liv bowl, place the radicchio leaves on the base, top with the freshly roasted veggies, some sauerkraut, a sprinkle of capers, a drizzle of olive oil and your protein of choice. Season to taste.