Hemp Protein Peanut Butter Cookies
I LOVE these cookies, honestly I crave them! They're really crumbly, very peanut buttery, not too sweet and I love the flavour that the hemp adds to it. Also given I made up this recipe, they are low carb and sugar free, also vegan actually!
Recipe originally created for Hemple.
- ¾ cup Hemple Hemp Seed Protein
- ½ cup ground flax seeds
- ¾ cup almond meal
- 2 tablespoons crystalised stevia (I use Nuvia)
- Sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- 70g dark chocolate, chopped into chunks (I use 90% or 100%)
- Preheat the oven to 180℃ and line a tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl combine the hemp protein, flax seeds, almond meal, stevia and salt.
- Add coconut oil and peanut butter and stir with a wooden spoon until combined. You may need to finish it off with your hands.
- Add in the chocolate chips. The dough will be crumbly but will come together eventually.
- Take tablespoons of the dough, shape into cookies with your hands and place on the baking tray. Use a fork to imprint them if you’d like. Bake in the oven for 18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely before serving.