Blueberry Ginger Chia Jars
When you cook blueberries in this way, they get so sweet and jammy there's no need to add anything else... Except one of my fave ingredients - fresh ginger - to really intensify those flavours. I love the nutritional balance of chia seeds, and as I tend to stay away from grains and oats, this brekkie is my go-to when I'm craving a bircher!
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 200ml almond milk
- Coconut yoghurt, to serve
- To make the blueberry ginger topping, heat blueberries and ginger in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Leave to bubble away until thick and jammy. Store in a jar in the fridge.
- To make the chia pudding, combine chia seeds and almond milk in a jar. Shake and leave in the fridge overnight.
- To serve, dollop on the blueberry ginger topping, a spoonful of coconut yoghurt and some fresh blueberries.